Thursday, August 23, 2012

Super Sewing Inspiration: Gretchen Hirsch

(Picture Taken From Gertie's New Blog for Better Sewing)
Vintage Sewist Rejoice!!!
So yesterday the mail carrier brought me my brand new copy of  Gertie's New Book for Better Sewing.  Now I have lots of sewing books (I am kind of like having books) lots my sewing books are project based.  I have to say that I don't think any of them can compare to Gretchen Hirsch book.  It starts with lots of good instructions and how to's for the vintage sewist.  Normally in sewing project books I might like to make 1/3 or less of the projects included.  Not so with Gretchen's book I can see myself making 95% of the projects and I the book looks like it gives fabulous how to on the techniques needed not just for these projects but for  any vintage sewing projects.  I just can't tell you how excited I am about this book and its 25 vintage inspired patterns.  I have a project I have to finish first and I am starting back at work on Monday (my summer is done, boo hoo) but I plan to start working on a pin tucked a line skirt soon as I can manage.

On top of that Today she posted on her blog (if you are not a subscriber you really need to go take a look here) that she has designed a new line of patterns for Butterick Pattern Company and they put her on the cover!!!  All I can say is congratulations Gretchen on putting out your book, your patterns, and making the cover of Butterick catalog.

(Picture Taken From Gertie's New Blog for Better Sewing)

No comments:

Post a Comment