Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Half dress up but didn't go out!!!!

Ok so I having been having a dilemma.   I have closets full of dresses and skirts and other fabulous vintage clothes and I have gained too much weight to were many of them. This as you can imagine has a big affect on going out as I feel I have nothing to wear. Take tonight for instance, I was going to go to the history center and hear a talk about home grown Pin Up artist Gil Elvgren as well as some of Munsing Wears more risqué campaigns but it took me so long to find something that still fit me that I threw in the towel and didn't go.  I have been debating my weight loss options.  I seem to have a hard time keeping the weight off since moving in with my husband.  I used to never sit around and watch thats about all he does when he gets home from work.  Also I used to limit the food I keep in the house but with two growing boys I find it is very useful to be able to feed them regularly.  I managed to loose a lot of weight right before our wedding 5 years ago by joining a group called slim for life and while I did not stay slim for life I did manage to take off 25 pound and I kept much of it off until I was pregnant with our youngest.  I did join weight watchers and join  a community center and managed to loose about 12 pounds but I quit because my husband started his own business and money got tight so I had to cut some things out.  so over the winter I have put back on everything I lost when I was on weight watcher.  I used to run and go out dancing 3 nights a week.  I haven't been running since being pregnant and I was thinking of starting a training program for a 5k.  I also considered joining a Golds Gym in our neighborhood as well as rejoining Weight Watchers again.  Ladies please feel free to give me your feedback what has worked well for you in terms of not just losing the weight but keeping it off?

So anyway this is me tonight hair and make up ready to go I even put on my new hair flower that I won in in the in a give away by Nifty Thrifty Retro Mama if you have not checked out her blog I highly recommend it.  Thanks again for the flower Nifty Thrifty Retro Mama!!! Sorry about the poor quality photo I have plans to take a better one with good lighting later.  Anyway shoot me some ideas on weight loss please.  I really need to get moving and eating less.

8 comments:

  1. This is probably not the advice you want, especially as it is coming from a guy, but don't let weight issues stop you from going out and having fun!!! If I did, I would be a shut in. Plus, dancing is really the only exercise that I get and I have to go out to get it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing burns those calories like a good shakin on the dance floor! Get out there and have a good time!:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hear you, I feel the same way. I just recently joined WW I've had a lifetime struggle with my weight, it's just a struggle some people have, you have to work out what works for you. My husband can pretty much eat what he wants and that has often put me off dieting but I'm doing it for me, he eats the same meals as me but larger and then snacks, it's all about compromise isn't it. If your husband chooses to sit & watch TV when he comes home that's fine but if it doesn't work for you, it doesn't mean the relationship isn't working it just means you have to do something else.

    Hope that helps cos actually I don't have the answers otherwise i wouldn't be in the position I'm in either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, sweetie, I hear you! You have half the battle won, the desire to lose weight! Okay, the only thing that has worked for me is portions! Eat small amounts! The human body really doesn't need all we try to eat in a day. I like your idea of getting moving too, maybe get hubby moving, walk somewhere! Blessings to you, I hope you get the weight off soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know where you're coming from!!! I lost quite a lot of weight for my first wedding day about 6 years ago, with the help of Weight Watchers and I managed to keep it off for about 3 years. Counting the points just became second nature and I didn't need to use the calculator in the end because I could estimate the points pretty accurately from looking at the calorie and fat content in stuff! I do recommend weight watchers, it's pretty easy since you can eat what you want, just in limited quantities.
    However, since moving in with my current partner 2 years ago I have piled and piled on the pounds!! 3 dress sizes later I'm totally with you on feeling a bit desperate... :( he's the same as your hubby, prefers to watch tv and lie on the sofa all weekend long!!
    I've decided to take up swing dancing as soon as I can, and to start running a few times a week, and to cut down my portion sizes.
    I think I might have lost a few pounds already just from cutting down the amount I eat (without changing the content), but I probably need to get more drastic about it!
    good luck!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks folks for all the great comments and advice. I decided to start training for a 5K my work has put out a training program that looks very do able. I think that will help and I am still debating the weight watchers as it can be expensive at and I know I personally would need to go to the weekly weigh in and meetings and I don't know if I really have the spare time perhaps when summer vacation starts. I will work on smaller portions in the mean time.

    Oh and don't get me wrong folks I love my husband he is a great guy he just has hollow leg to put food in that I lack.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there-

    I'm a WW girl myself. I joined 4 years ago and have kept the weight off. It's the only thing that ever worked for me!

    If you go to a center I believe they have a special for $19 a month for meetings and online tools and that's a great deal!

    My husband eats whatever he wants and stays thin and it's infuriating. You just have to do what is best for YOU. I've made it a priority to get workouts in as soon as I get home from work and then I'm done for the night. As for feeding your family, start making recipes that are healthy but taste great (Clean Eating magazine is great for this) and they probably won't even know the difference.

    The big thing is that you have decided you want to take action. That's the hardest part. Feel free to email me with any questions about WW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are adorable in those glasses! i love them so much! and the little hair thing you won is precious.

    as far as weight loss goes, i eat a TON of veggies. to the point where people make fun of me about it! haha! but hey! they taste good and are amazing for you! i try to think about not putting foods into my body that don't have a positive nutritional value.

    for exercise: i think it's important to just be active. you don't have to run on a treadmill to be exercising. what about starting a garden and growing those veggies yourself. or something like that. Oh and you don't have to pay for it! i do pilates off of you tube! haha!

    All that being said, just remember that you're beautiful exactly as you are! be confident within yourself and don't compare. just be healthy!

    love your blog! those pics at the circus are so darling! glad i discovered you! and check out ours if you get a chance. you'll see what i mean about beauty in all sizes. we really value that in our little world.

    xo~jane

    ReplyDelete