Saturday, April 12, 2014

Vintage Appliances

Hello loyal followers, yes I know long time no post.  I  decided I needed to give myself a challenge to help motivate me to post so I am starting with an A-Z vintage posting challenge.  Today is the letter A
Which I am going to focus on Appliances.  I love vintage appliances!!!!

How awesome is this pink appliance kitchen not only does this have a matching fridge, stove and dishwasher but it also has a matching washer and dryer.








Craigslist is a great place to find vintage appliances.  My husband and I have wanted to switch out or modern stove for a vintage one for the last few years.  Last summer we purchased 2.  One is a small apartment sized stove (only 17 inches with 3 burners).  It is electric we bought it to put in our vintage GMC bus sorry I don't have any pictures of it but I am sure as we make progress this summer on our bus remodel project I will be posting them.  The other is a vintage Tappan gas stove as seen above in the adds and pictures.  We found it on Craigslist and got it for a steal.  The women that sold it to us asked for $20.00 (her sister was really mad she wanted 200 they were closing down their moms house).  We did have to disconnect it and haul it out of the basement (not easy).  It has been sitting safe in our garage ever since.  We don't have a gas line into our kitchen and we will have to shift some cabinets.  This winter we started debating putting it in as we would like to move to Hawaii and I have been watching how crazy some of the house shoppers get about how modern the appliances look in the kitchen.  I honestly can't stand the granite counters and stainless appliances.  Unfortunately we bought our house from a flipper and he redid our kitchen with stainless appliances and new cabinets he only skimped on the granite.  So do we put it in and not worry about the future sales when we are finally ready to move to a more temperate climate?

Do any of you have vintage appliances in your homes?

5 comments:

  1. Put it in! You won't regret it. Think of it this way, while you are living there, won't it be worth it to have the kitchen that you love? Besides, I predict that "vintage charming" will soon overtake the popularity of icky granite and steel. (This from an informal poll taken while showing off my newly completed retro kitchen so, yes, I'm biased.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabriella, my husband and I just talked about it again today and decided that yes we should put it in and when the time comes for us to sell the house we will see what is popular but by then our ugly stainless appliances will be well over 15 years old and may be what is considered out of date. I would love to see some pictures of your kitchen. Please share.

      Delete
  2. Love the A to Z idea...looking forward to 25 more posts! Glad you are going to put in the vintage stove!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took out the modern junk and went vintage stove and fridge. Never regretted it. Wild Kat is in the middle of a major kitchen remodel involving appliances and cupboards. Ironically she's drop it all in an instant if you said she could move to Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a - if I may so myself - breathtakingly gorgeous vintage (antique at this point, actually) dark wood hoosier cabinet, but at present, no vintage appliances. I would love to have a few, especially a fridge and stove, one day though.

    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* Thank you very much for your lovely comment on yesterday's Hawaiian honeymoon post and for sharing with me about your dream to relocate there. I truly hope that's able to happen for you guys.

    ReplyDelete